Monday, April 6, 2009

Lame excuse of a government

Tomorrow I will be conducting a community training on how to track the budgetary allocations as well as involve themselves in government poverty eradication strategies. It breaks my heart to keep taking about government processes that will probably never live to see the light of day, resources that they will never access. yet it is my job to ensure that they are aware of the existing opportunities, opportunities that will never be available to them.

This makes me wonder, how is it possible that a community like the one i will spend the next two days with, continues to excise their so called democratic right to elect representatives. Doesn't it make more sense to just keep off some of this hypocritical processes? They say Rome was not build in a day. Keep on keeping on. but the sight of this old men and women, makes me wish i had power over life and death, because then, all the kenyan politicians would be history.

My prayer is 2012 comes sooner rather than later.

No comments: